- When: 7:00pm – 8:30pm (please be there for 6:50pm)
- Where: Dorothy Hyman Stadium
- Cost: £4 (pay at reception, get changed and head down to the track)
- Starts: 22nd Feb
The NEW Wednesday track sessions are designed to improve your race times, pace judgement and mental stamina. They are ideal for those seeking new personal bests. As this is a new session Richard Hayes has linked up with Tim Ashby of Ackworth Road Runners to provide joint track sessions to make up numbers.
The session officially starts at 7pm but please be ready from 6:50pm, the session will include at least a mile warm up followed by a few drills and strides. The session is open to all abilities, so it does not matter how fast or slow you are, the session will benefit everyone. Sessions will be posted at the start of the week via the club’s Facebook Group. The aim is to try and keep it fairly informal and inclusive so anyone can come along.
The aim is to help everyone who comes to improve, be it to improve their PBs, achieve the next club standard, etc. These sessions are here for members so please come and make uses of them. If there is no session or track is closed then Richard Hayes will send out notices to members via email and Facebook.
Sessions will be different each week, eg:
- 2 sets of 3 minutes x 4 with 45 seconds recovery, recovery usually getting back to the start so you can aim to finish in the same place each time
- 200m with 200m jog recovery, 2 sets of 10
- pyramid sessions up to 6 minutes, which are more geared to half/full marathon running, but will obviously benefit everyone