New for 2017, the club has joined the Northern Track & Field league. We have entered Division 4 and the series consists of four meetings between May and August. The events are paid for by the club and are open to all first members (see below for details).
Division 4EC Fixtures 2017
- Saturday 6th May @ Cleethorpes
- Sunday 4th June @ Grantham
- Sunday 9th July @ Cleethorpes
- Saturday 5th August @ Wakefield
Division 4EC Clubs
- Bradford Airedale AC
- Cleethorpes & District AC
- Grantham & District AC
- Harrogate Harriers
- Newark AC
- Penistone Footpath Runners & AC
- Pontefract AC
- Worksop Harriers
The league will comprise of four matches, ideally with two on Saturdays and two on Sundays. In any match where sufficient lanes are not available, separate races shall be held as ‘time trials’ and match points allocated accordingly. Competitors attaining equal times shall be accorded the same place for scoring purposes, regardless of the finishing order of the trial.
- Men events: 100m, 200m, 400m, 800m, 1500m, 5000m, 110m Hurdles, 400m Hurdles, High Jump, Long Jump, Pole Vault, Triple Jump, Discus, Hammer, Shot, Javelin, 4x100m relay, 4x400m relay, 3000m Steeplechase, Non Scoring 100m.
- Women events: 100m, 200m, 400m, 800m, 1500m, 3000m, 100m Hurdles, 400m Hurdles, High Jump, Long Jump, Pole Vault, Triple Jump, Discus, Hammer, Shot, Javelin, 4x100m relay, 4x400m relay, Non Scoring 100m.
On the day running order
The meet starts at 11:00 and runs until about 18:00 but below is the order of play. What time you need to be there depends on which events you do.
- 11:30 Hammer Men, Long Jump Women, Pole Vault
- 12.30 Hammer Women
- 13.00 400m H Women, Long Jump Men
- 13.10 400m H Men
- 13.25 800m Women
- 13.30 Discus Men
- 13.35 800m Men
- 13.45 100m Women, High Jump Men, Shot Women
- 13.55 100m Men
- 14:00 Non Scoring 100m (Men and Women), Triple Jump Women
- 14.05 3000m S/C Men
- 14:25 100mH Women
- 14.30 Discus Women
- 14.35 3000m Women
- 14.55 110m H Men
- 15.05 400m Women, Shot Men
- 15.15 400m Men
- 15.20 1500m Men, Javelin Men, High Jump Women
- 15.35 1500m Women, Triple Jump Men
- 15.45 200m Women
- 15.55 200m Men
- 16.05 5000m men
- 16.10 Javelin Women
- 16.30 4 x 100m Women
- 16.40 4 x 100m Men
- 16.50 4 x 400m Women
- 17.00 4 x 400m Men
Who can take part?
Simple answer is everyone, so long as they are first claim members, are in the under 17 age category or above (school year 10 or above) and have paid their England Athletics subscription. The club has paid for these so we need to make sure we are competing in as many events as possible: it’s about getting points as a club and the more events we do the more points we get.
- An under 20 athlete (over 17) may only compete in a maximum of 5 events
- A senior athlete may compete in a maximum of 7 events
- An under 17 (school years 10 & 11) athlete can only compete in a maximum of 4 events and, if so doing, one must be a relay. In addition, U17 men shall not be allowed to compete in the 3000m Steeplechase, 5000m, 110m hurdles, Hammer, Discus and Shot.
If you are interested then wait for the emails and Facebook posts asking for competitors.
The club also needs members to become qualified track and field officials. The club will pay for the course, so if you are interested please get in touch with one of the club officials.