In 2017, for the first time for many years, the club joined the Northern Track & Field league. Early fixtures in 2017 were poorly attended, but later that year and throughout 2018 we fielded much stronger teams as more members discovered how much fun it could be! We finished 5th overall in division 4EC in both seasons (Links to the results for all previous fixtures are at the bottom of this page). Hence we’re in the same division in 2019 and looking to get full teams out to all four fixtures this year. The series consists of four meetings between May and August, the events are paid for by the club and are hence free for all members.
Everyone is welcome to join in and help the club – you don’t need to be an expert in an event to get points, but you do need to be there. All members who are first claim Penistone for Track & Field, are in the under 17 age category or above (school year 10 or above) and have paid their England Athletics registration fee are eligible.
The club also really needs members to become qualified track and field officials. We are supposed to provide a number of qualified track and field officials, and last year managed only one. The club will pay for courses, so if you are interested please get in touch with Paul Fryers or Martyn Cartwright.
Division 4EC Fixtures 2019
- Sunday 19 May, Grantham
- Sunday 16 June, Cleckheaton
- Sunday 14 July, Cudworth
- Saturday 10 August, Cudworth
The league will comprise of four matches, ideally with two on Saturdays and two on Sundays. In any match where sufficient lanes are not available, separate races shall be held as ‘time trials’ and match points allocated accordingly. Competitors attaining equal times shall be accorded the same place for scoring purposes, regardless of the finishing order of the trial.
- Men events: 100m, 200m, 400m, 800m, 1500m, 5000m, 110m Hurdles, 400m Hurdles, High Jump, Long Jump, Pole Vault, Triple Jump, Discus, Hammer, Shot, Javelin, 4x100m relay, 4x400m relay, 3000m Steeplechase, Non Scoring 100m.
- Women events: 100m, 200m, 400m, 800m, 1500m, 3000m, 100m Hurdles, 400m Hurdles, High Jump, Long Jump, Pole Vault, Triple Jump, Discus, Hammer, Shot, Javelin, 4x100m relay, 4x400m relay, Non Scoring 100m.
The events start at 11:00 and run until about 18:00 – all four meetings run to exactly the same timetable. What time you need to be there depends on which events you do.
- 11:30 Hammer Men, Long Jump Women, Pole Vault Men and Women
- 12.30 Hammer Women
- 13.00 400m H Women, Long Jump Men
- 13.10 400m H Men
- 13.25 800m Women
- 13.30 Discus Men
- 13.35 800m Men
- 13.45 100m Women, High Jump Men, Shot Women
- 13.55 100m Men
- 14:00 Non Scoring 100m (Men and Women), Triple Jump Women
- 14.05 3000m S/C Men
- 14:25 100mH Women
- 14.30 Discus Women
- 14.35 3000m Women
- 14.55 110m H Men
- 15.05 400m Women, Shot Men
- 15.15 400m Men
- 15.20 1500m Men, Javelin Men, High Jump Women
- 15.35 1500m Women, Triple Jump Men
- 15.45 200m Women
- 15.55 200m Men
- 16.05 5000m men
- 16.10 Javelin Women
- 16.30 4 x 100m Women
- 16.40 4 x 100m Men
- 16.50 4 x 400m Women
- 17.00 4 x 400m Men
- An under 20 athlete (over 17) may only compete in a maximum of 5 events
- A senior athlete may compete in a maximum of 7 events
- An under 17 (school years 10 & 11) athlete can only compete in a maximum of 4 events and, if so doing, one must be a relay. In addition, U17 men shall not be allowed to compete in the 3000m steeplechase, 5000m, 110m hurdles, Hammer, Discus or Shot.
Division 4EC Clubs
- Barnsley AC
- Cleethorpes & District AC AC
- Longwood Harriers AC
- Newark AC
- Penistone Footpath Runners & AC
- Pontefract AC
- Rushcliffe AC
- Worksop Harriers & AC
The club keeps records for each event for each age group – records broken are recognised with a certificate at the annual club presentation evening. Current club records are here.